Thursday, March 06, 2014

#Ubuntu Terminal Paste SHIFT+CTRL+V not working - just update and upgrade ?

This issue has happened to me in at least two versions of Ubuntu 10.10 and 12.10 as far as I recall. Paste is impossible from terminal is not allowed unless you use the contextual menu. The menu Edit/Paste would be grayed out and shortcuts won't work no matter what combination you choose via "Terminal Menu|Edit|Keyboard Shortcuts|Click|Type Keys". What to do? Simply put if after running the below two commands you still have the issue you better open a bug:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
However it stopped recently from working in a desktop and I found out the /sbin was not included in the PATH. Weird as it was defined in /etc/environment. I ended up adding /sbin to PATH in ~/.bashrc and after restarting a new terminal session I was able to paste again. There most be something wrong with environment variables and the files in charge to set them all. For now I can move at least ...

No comments:

Followers